Meet Nobel Laureate Morten Meldal
The Danish Nobel Laureate Morten Meldal will visit Aarhus University on Wednesday 1 November 2023 when Health will be hosting a new lecture in our series of Nobel Laureate Talks. The presentation is specifically aimed at early-career researchers, but everyone is welcome.
Nobel Laureate Talks: Morten Meldal
- Presentation: “A Nobel Life.” A discourse by Morten Meldal to PhD students and young researchers on his academic career and tips & tricks for a successful life in academia.
- Time: Wednesday 1 November 2023 at 13:30-15:30
- Venue: Aarhus University, the Main Hall and the Ambulatory, Nordre Ringgade 4, 8000 Aarhus C.
- Registration: https://events.au.dk/nobellaureatetalkmortenmeldal - no later than 27 October 2023.
In October last year, the Nobel Prize in Chemistry went to Professor Morten Meldal from the University of Copenhagen. He received the prestigious award for his ground-breaking work on click chemistry – a chemical reaction that makes it possible to "glue" molecules together, and which is particularly useful in the pharmaceutical industry.
Health has invited Morten Meldal as the latest addition to the faculty's academic lecture series: Nobel Laureate Talks.
On Wednesday 1 November 2023 at 13:30-15:30, the Danish Nobel Laureate will visit the Main Hall with his presentation: ”A Nobel Life.” A discourse by Morten Meldal to PhD students and young researchers on his academic career and tips & tricks for a successful life in academia.
The lecture consists of three parts:
- The first part is an academic presentation in which Morten Meldal talks about his research into "click chemistry", which led to his Nobel Prize.
- This will be followed by an interview in which Morten Meldal talks about his path – and detours – through academia.
- Finally, Morten Meldal will be taking questions.
The event will end with cake and a glass of bubbly at an informal reception in the Ambulatory.
The Nobel Laureate Talk with Morten Meldal is aimed specifically at early-career researchers within health sciences and natural sciences, but anyone with an interest in research of the very highest calibre is welcome.
It is free to attend the Nobel Laureate Talks event, but registration is required – deadline is 27 October 2023: https://events.au.dk/nobellaureatetalkmortenmeldal